Department of Recreation files on annual Timpanogos hike, 1912-1972
Scope and Contents note
General hike files.
- Other: 1912-1972
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Department of Recreation records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
In 1921, the Department of Social and Recreational Leadership, under the direction of Eugene L. Roberts, marked the beginning of recreation leadership courses at BYU. In September of 1954, the Recreation Department was officially established. Israel C. Heaton became the chairman of the department in 1956 and in 1964, the name of the department was changed to recreation Education.
5 folders (1.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Files are arranged chronologically.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA563.xml
- Brigham Young High School (Provo, Utah)
- Brigham Young University. Department of Physical Education
- Brigham Young University. Department of Recreation Management and Youth Leadership
- Brigham Young University. Laboratory School
- Colleges and Universities
- Files (Records)
- Minutes (Records)
- Provo Chamber of Commerce (Provo, Utah)
- Timpanogos Hike
- United States. Forest Service. Intermountain Region
- Brigham Young University. Department of Recreation Management and Youth Leadership (creator, Organization)
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US