Intercollegiate Athletics plaques and certificates, 1966-1973
Scope and Contents
Contains plaques and certificates awarded to Brigham Young University football players. Also included is a scrapbook with photographs of LaVell Edwards and certificates presented to him, 1966-1973.
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Intercollegiate Athletics memorabilia must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Intercollegiate Athletics (1955-) coordinates and maintains Brigham Young University's athletics.
Intercollegiate Athletics was established in 1955 as a part of the College of Recreation, Physical and Health Education, and Athletics. In 1960, Intercollegiate Athletics was made part of the College of Physical Education. In 1975, Intercollegiate Athletics was incorporated into the overall structure of Brigham Young University. The organization maintains BYU's participation within conferences and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Teams sponsored by Intercollegiate Athletics include football, basketball, swimming, tennis, golf and track.
Series is arranged by subject and to conserve space.
- Brigham Young University. Intercollegiate Athletics (Creator, Organization)