Special Courses and Conferences Youth Programs department records, 1962-1974
Scope and Contents note
Materials contain administrative files, including correspondence and memos, meeting minutes, reports, financial information, and other records. Dated from 1962 to 1974.
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the Division of Continuing Education records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
Phillip Harris (1936-) was a chairman of the Department of Conferences and Workshops at Brigham Young University.
Phillip Harris was born in 1936 in Utah to Orville K and Ruby N Harris. He recieved his Bachelor's and Mater's degrees in Education at Brigham Young University. He completed a doctorate at the University of Southern California. From 1973 to 1979 he was the Chairman of the Department of Conferences and Workshops at Brigham Young University. He also served as the founding director of the BYU Conference Center. He also served for ten years as the director of the Elderhostel program throughout the State of Utah. He worked at BYU for eighteen years. He took early retirement from BYU in 1991.
The Department of Special Courses and Conferences (1966-1979) was an administrative and teaching unit at Brigham Young University.
The department was established in 1966 as part of the university's Division of Continuing Education, and was charged with providing courses and programs for on-campus and distance students, as well as the general public. Department chairmen included Thomas A. James (1966-1970), Sterling R. Church (1972-1973), and Phillip D. Harris (1973-1979). In 1979 the department was reorganized as the Department of Conferences and Workshops.
Boxes 4 and 5 are arranged alphabetically by department or topic.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA547.xml
- Brigham Young University -- Study and teaching (Continuing education)
- Brigham Young University. Adult Education and Extension Services
- Brigham Young University. Department of Conferences and Workshops
- Brigham Young University. Department of Evening Classes
- Brigham Young University. Department of Independent Study Programs
- Brigham Young University. Division of Continuing Education -- History
- Clark, Harold Glen, 1902-1984
- Colleges and Universities
- Education Week
- Education, Higher -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Henstrom, Richard H.
- Hilton, Lynn M.
- Minutes (Records)
- Nelson, Lowry, 1893-
- Peterson, Stanley A.
- Robinson, Phileon B. (Phileon Benjamin), 1923-2003
- Harris, Phillip, 1936- (Person)
- Brigham Young University. Department of Special Courses and Conferences (Organization)