Multicultural Education Department audio-visual materials
Scope and Contents
Contains documents, photographs, and tapes depicting multicultural programs at Brigham Young University. It focuses mainly on Native American activities and consists of files outlining loans and scholarships of students.
- Brigham Young University. Multicultural Education Department (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. Indian Education Department (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Multicultural Education Department records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Multicultural Student Services (est. 1997) is an administrative unit at Brigham Young University.
Multicultural Student Services (MSS) was established in 1997 in a reorganization of the earlier Multicultural Programs department in Student Life. The unit employs a team of multicultural specialists with responsibility for supporting and advocating for multicultural university students. Located on the first floor of the Wilkinson Center the office identifies and recruits multicultural students, acts as a liaison between multicultural students and university services, and provides programs and services that assist multicultural students in meeting their financial, social, and academic needs.
The unit is administered by a director, under the supervision of the Dean of Students. Directors have included Vernon Heperi (1997-2002), Lisa M. Muranaka Parkinson (2002-2012), and Ann Marie Lambert (2012- ).
From the Collection: 32 boxes (16 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
- Brigham Young University. Indian Education Department -- Archives
- Brigham Young University. Multicultural Education Department -- Archives
- Colleges and Universities
- Indians of North America -- Education (Higher) -- Utah -- Provo
- Multicultural education -- Activity programs
- Multicultural education -- Activity programs -- Utah -- Provo