Centennial Committee chronological records, 1973-1976
Scope and Contents
Contains correspondence and memorandums on a variety of subjects organized by date. Dates from 1973-1976.
- Brigham Young University. Centennial Committee (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Centennial Committee (1970-1976) was organized by Brigham Young University to plan and execute the university's Centennial Celebration.
The Centennial Committee was organized in 1970 to prepare celebration activities for Brigham Young University's Centennial Celebration. There were twelve members, with Heber G. Wolsey as chairman. Upon Wolsey's resignation in 1973, President Dallin H. Oaks appointed Dr. Lorin F. Wheelwright chairman and executive leader of the Centennial. Dr. Wheelwright served as chair until 1976, when the Centennial Committee was disbanded. The Centennial was to be theme centered, and would encompass the creation of major monuments and artistic productions. The Centennial began in April 1975 and ended with commencement one year later, in April 1976.
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Register of the Centennial Committee records, 1973-1976. Available in Special Collections Reference and on the Internet.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA1124.xml
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Brigham Young University -- Centennial celebrations, etc. -- History
- Brigham Young University. Centennial Committee -- Archives
- Colleges and Universities
- Cundick, Robert, 1926-2016
- Dayley, K. Newell
- Files (Records)
- Mormons -- Drama
- Musicals -- Vocal scores with piano
- Performing Arts
- Provo (Utah) -- Centennial celebrations, etc
- Sundgaard, Arnold, 1909-2006
- Wheelwright, Lorin Farrar, 1909-1987
- Wilkinson, Ernest L., 1899-1978
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US