Brigham Young University basketball and football historical records
Scope and Contents
Two volumes about BYU basketball and three volumes about BYU football, containing information about playing facilities, coaches, athletic conferences, individual players, tournaments, won/loss records against different opponents, yearly won/loss records, and individual game scores. The football volumes also include information about homecoming and bowl games.
The fooball volumes contain essentially identical information, with updated data in late volumes. The same is true of the basketball volumes except that the latter also includes several photographic images. Each volume contains a table of contents.
- Hale, K. Lawrence (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Brigham Young University basketball and football historical records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
5 volumes ; 28 cm
Language of Materials
Found in Brian Reeves' (University Archivist) office among reference volumes, along with duplicate copies and copies that already had a special collections call number, May 1998.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Brigham Young University -- Football -- History
- Brigham Young University -- Basketball -- History
- Brigham Young University -- Football -- Statistics
- Brigham Young University -- Basketball -- Statistics
- Colleges and Universities
- Histories (Literary works)
- Photographic prints
- Social Life and Customs
- Sports and Recreation
- Register of the Brigham Young University basketball and football historical records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US