Bertrand Fereday Harrison papers
Scope and Contents
Contains the professional papers of Bertrand F. Harrison related to his role as a botany professor at Brigham Young University. Includes correspondence, memorandums, class outlines, notes, examinations, roll and grade books, committee and subcommittee minutes and agendas, and a review copy of a 1978 U.S. Department of Transportation Final Environmental Impact Statement for Utah Valley to Heber Valley. Materials are dated 1928 to 1981.
- Harrison, Bertrand Fereday, 1908-2002 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bertrand Fereday Harrison was born in Springville, Utah on February 20, 1908, to Winfred Homer and Martha Fereday Harrison. Bertrand graduated from Brigham Young University with a bachelor's and master's degree in botany, and from the University of Chicago with a Ph.D. in botany. Bertrand married Lorna Jensen in 1931, and they had four children. Bertrand began teaching biology and botany at Brigham Young University in 1931, retiring in 1974, during which time he also served as department chair twice and as the acting dean of the graduate school. He taught summer field studies in Aspen Grove. In 1966, Bertrand received the Karl G. Maeser Distinguished Teaching Award. He continued to work and volunteer in the botany field after retirement. Bertrand died September 3, 2002, in Provo, Utah.
8 boxes (4 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
These items were donated to Special Collections in 2007.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Processed; Karen Glenn and Sydney Gee; July 2022. Replaced boxes, folders, and added file level description.
- Two page memo on syllabus royalties.
- Brigham Young University -- Curricula
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty
- Brigham Young University -- Students
- Brigham Young University. Department of Botany and Range Science
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Colleges and Universities
- Harrison, Bertrand Fereday, 1908-2002
- Highway planning -- Utah
- Instructional and educational works
- United States. Federal Highway Administration
- Register of Bertrand Fereday Harrison papers
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 25
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.