Oral history interview with Marjorie M. Emery
Scope and Contents
Transcripts of oral history conducted as part of the Brigham Young University Archives Joint Oral History Project of the Brigham Young University Alumni Association Emeritus Club. Emery tells about attending Brigham Young University, her marriages to Wayne L. Reeve and Wesley F. Emery, her Relief Society callings, her missions to Ireland and to the Liberty Jail Visitors Center, and about living in Kansas and Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Emery, Marjorie M. (Marjorie Merrill), 1918-2018 (interviewee, Person)
- Brigham Young University. Alumni Association (contributor, Organization)
- Harold B. Lee Library. Department of Archives and Manuscripts (contributor, Organization)
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Oral history interview with Marjorie M. Emery must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Marjorie M. Emery (1918-2018) was a homemaker in Utah. She served in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a missionary, and as a member of the Relief Society General Board.
1 folder (0.04 linear ft.)
1 volume (31 p.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Brigham Young University -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Colleges and Universities
- Emery, Marjorie M. (Marjorie Merrill), 1918-2018
- Liberty Jail -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Ireland -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Missouri -- Liberty -- History
- Mormon women -- Kansas -- History
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Oral histories
- Relief Society (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) -- History
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- History
- Women teachers -- Utah -- History
- Register of Oral history interview with Marjorie M. Emery
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.