Oral history interview with Clayton Jenkins
Scope and Contents
Interview by Hollis Scott with Clayton Jenkins discussing Jenkins' involvement with various Chamber of Commerce concerns, and his professional career in the knit goods business. Touches upon some historical aspects of Brigham Young University and its contributions to the area economy. Includes transcript and sound recording.
- Jenkins, Clayton, 1886-1982 (interviewee, Person)
- Scott, Hollis, 1919-2005 (interviewer, Person)
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Oral history interview with Clayton Jenkins must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Clayton Jenkins (1886-1982) was a former president and secretary of the Provo, Utah Chamber of Commerce.
4 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Recorded in Provo, Utah.
Recorded as part of the Joint Oral History Project for the BYU Archives.
Includes related transcription material.
- Brigham Young University -- Sports
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce
- Civic improvement -- Utah -- Provo
- Deer Creek Reservoir (Utah)
- Harris, Franklin Stewart, 1884-1960
- Oral histories
- Provo (Utah) -- Commerce
- Provo (Utah) -- History
- Provo Woolen Mills
- Railroads -- Utah -- Orem
- Railroads -- Utah -- Provo
- Roberts, Eugene L. (Eugene Lusk), 1880-1953
- Romney, G. Ott (George Ottinger), 1892-1973
- Steel industry and trade -- Utah
- Timpanogos Hike
- Register of Oral history interview with Clayton Jenkins
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.