Oral history interview with Irene Osmond Spears
Scope and Contents
Interview by Alonzo Morley with Irene Osmond Spears concerning her experiences as a student at Brigham Young University, as a graduate student at Stanford and in Europe, her marriage and family, and her experience as a professor at BYU. Includes transcript and sound recording.
- 1979 December 18
- Spears, Irene Osmond (interviewee, Person)
- Morley, Alonzo J., 1903-1995 (interviewer, Person)
- Brigham Young University. Alumni Association (contributor, Organization)
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Oral history interview with Irene Osmond Spears must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Irene Osmond Spears (1907-1997) was a professor of languages in Utah.
4 folders (0.08 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Recorded in Provo, Utah.
Recorded as part of the BYU Joint Oral History Project.
Includes related transcription material.
- Register of Oral history interview with Irene Osmond Spears
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.