Oral history interview with Russel B. Swensen
Scope and Contents
Interview by Mark K. Allen with Russel B. Swensen, Brigham Young University professor of Medieval history and comparative religion, concerning his family life, hobbies, education, early employment, Mormon mission to Germany, athletic participation, Seminary, and teaching at BYU. Swensen gives his impressions of several BYU presidents, and discusses his philosophy of teaching. Includes sound recording and transcript.
- Swensen, Russel B. (Russel Brown), 1902- (interviewee, Person)
- Allen, Mark K. (Mark Knight), 1905-1996 (interviewer, Person)
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Russel B. Swensen (1902-1987) was a history and religion professor in Utah.
1 volume (31 pages)
4 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Includes related transcription materials.
Recorded in Provo, Utah.
Recorded as part of the Joint Oral History Project with the BYU Archives, the Alumni Association, and the Charles Redd Center for Western Studies.
- Brigham Young University -- History -- 20th century
- Brigham Young University -- Presidents
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty
- Brimhall, George H. (George Henry), 1853-1932
- Colleges and Universities
- Harper, William Rainey
- Harris, Franklin Stewart, 1884-1960
- Merrill, Joseph F.
- Oaks, Dallin H.
- Oral histories
- Wilkinson, Ernest L., 1899-1978
- Register of Oral history interview with Russel B. Swensen
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo UT 84602 US