Articles, poetry, and other material on Brigham Young University
Scope and Contents
Contains eight items related to Brigham Young University, including a poem "The Builder," a tribute to BYU, by Marie Clark Miller; a list of officers of Brigham Young University, 1923-1924; a news article examining the progress of BYU, 1918; a brief history and suggested outline for a history of BYU, with name of compilers, 1920; a copy of the Deseret Weekly containing article about Brigham Young Academy, 1891; a brief history of the Academy from the Contributor written by James Talmage, 1881; enrollment statistics for the years 1875-1924; and a poem by George Brimhall written for a student body meeting, undated.
- Brimhall, George H. (George Henry), 1853-1932 (contributor, Person)
- Miller, Marie Clark (contributor, Person)
- Talmage, James E. (James Edward), 1862-1933 (contributor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
George H. Brimhall (1852-1932) was a student, teacher, principal, department head, acting president, president, president emeritus, and head of the alumni association at Brigham Young University.
James E. Talmage (1862-1933) was a geology professor, author, and ecclesiastical leader in Utah.
Marie Clark Miller (1892-1962) was an American artist, writer, and actress in Utah and California.
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Brigham Young Academy -- Buildings
- Brigham Young Academy -- History
- Brigham Young Academy -- In literature
- Brigham Young Academy -- Poetry
- Brigham Young Academy -- Statistics
- Brigham Young University -- Buildings
- Brigham Young University -- History
- Brigham Young University -- In literature
- Brigham Young University -- Poetry
- Brigham Young University -- Statistics
- Colleges and Universities
- Register of Articles, poetry, and other material on Brigham Young University
- Rose Frank
- 2011 August 4
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.