General Church Board of Education records
Scope and Contents
Contains administrative codes, regulations, minutes of executive meetings and charts concerning the Church Education System and its relationship to Brigham Young University, and listings of Church positions held by Brigham Young University staff members (17 items). Materials date from between 1938 and 1943.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. General Church Board of Education (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. Board of Trustees (contributor, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. Board of Trustees. Executive Committee (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 70 years from the end date of the administration, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
General Church Board of Education (est. 1888) governs the various schools and academies of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The Brigham Young University Board of Trustees (est. 1903) is the highest administrative authority for Brigham Young University and acts as the final policy-making body of the University, holding the power to make all rules and regulations necessary for the government, continuance, and maintenance of the University.
The Executive Committee (est. 1903) is an subgroup of the university Board of Trustees composed of the board's officers. The Executive Committee manages the business of the Board between meetings, with its decisions subject to ratification by the whole Board of Trustees.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Register of General Church Board of Education records
- Rose Frank
- 2011 July 13
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.