Brigham Young University fraternity artifacts
Scope and Contents
Includes paddle used during Hansen's initiation into the Tausig (Tau Sigma) social unit at Brigham Young University. Contains several signatures of active members, gathered by Hansen as a pledge (prospective member). Also includes Hansen's Tausig membership certificate, January 9, 1848, and membership cards for Tau Sigma, Phi Alpha Theta, and Intercollegiate Knights. Also includes sew-on cloth emblem for Intercollegiate Knights. Cover letter, June 14, 1996, contains additional information about the Tausig paddle.
- approximately 1948-1950
- Tau Sigma (Fraternity) (contributor, Organization)
- Intercollegiate Knights (contributor, Organization)
- Hansen, Ralph W. (contributor, Person)
- Phi Alpha Theta. Beta Iota Chapter (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
3 folders (1.66 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Some items originally cataloged under call number UA SC 51. Call number changed to UA 858, November 1999. Membership cards and cloth emblem added, January 2000.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Ralph W. Hansen; 1995.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Register of Brigham Young University fraternity artifacts
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 May 10
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.