Skip to main content

Chapter 5 records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 5599

Scope and Contents

Contains records of Chapter 5 of the Alice Louise Reynolds Clubs including minutes, correspondence, financial records, programs, membership lists, and event materials. Also contains the constitution of the club and of Chapter 5 specifically. Includes various tributes to members and records on the executive officers. Records on the creation of the Alice Louise Reynolds Memorial Room in the library at BYU as well as an autobiography and a copy of a tribute given at her funeral services in 1938 are included. Contains records of various events including spring luncheons and lecture series, circa 1940-1983.

Dates

  • approximately 1940-1983

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Open for public research.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.Permission to publish material from Chapter 5 records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.

Administrative History

Chapter 5 of the Alice Louise Reynolds Clubs (1932- ) was a Provo, Utah chapter of a women's club created to honor Alice Louise Reynolds.

The central Alice Louise Reynolds Club was created in 1933. The original constitution was presented in September of 1933 and adopted Feb. 6, 1937. The constitution established by-laws, the executive structure, officer duties, and membership dues. The purpose of the club was stated in the constitution as to "honor Miss Reynolds, to further ideals for which she stood, to participate in cultural activities, and to maintain and develop friendships through study and social contacts." The Executive Committee was composed of a President, Vice-President, and Secretary-Treasurer. At its peak sixteen chapters of the club existed-- 14 along the Wasatch Front, a Hurricane, St. George chapter, as well as chapter in New York City.

Chapter 5 of the Alice Louise Reynolds Clubs was centered in Provo and created to uphold the ideals enumerated by the Central Committee. The constitution of the chapter stated that membership would be held at about 25, and dues were established at $1.75. Chapter offices included President, Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer, and program committee.

Extent

2 folders (0.4 linear ft.)

Language

English

Arrangement

Original order maintained.

Custodial History

Transferred from the Harold B. Lee Library in 2012.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Transferred; Harold B. Lee Library; 2012.

Appraisal

University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).

Processing Information

Processed; Dani Peterson; 2012.
Title
Register of Chapter 5 records
Status
Completed
Author
Dani Peterson
Date
2012 April 19
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English in Latin script.

Repository Details

Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository

Contact:
1130 HBLL
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States