Arthur Gaeth papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS SC 2017
Scope and Contents
Typescript of an oral history, newspaper clippings, articles, correspondence, periodicals, and miscellaneous items. Most of the items were written by Gaeth as part of his broadcasting and journalism careers. The oral history is an interview conducted by Ronald G. Watt in 1976 as part of the James Moyle Oral History Program of the Historical Department of the Mormon Church. This interview largely relates to Gaeth's missionary activities in Europe.
- Gaeth, Arthur, 1905-1984 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Arthur Gaeth papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Arthur Gaeth (1905-1984) was a Mormon missionary, author, broadcaster, journalist, and banker. Gaeth served in the German-Austrian Mission from 1926 to 1929 and as president of the mission in Czechoslovakia from 1929 to 1936 for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Donated by Arthur Gaeth in 1982.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Arthur Gaeth; 1982.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Bankers -- Colorado -- Denver -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Czechoslovakia--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Czecholovakia--History
- Czechoslovakia -- History -- 1918-1938 -- Sources
- Denver (Colo.) -- History
- Gaeth, Arthur, 1905-1984
- Journalists -- Colorado -- Denver -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Czechoslovakia -- History
- Mormons -- Colorado -- Denver -- History
- Mormons -- Czech Republic -- History -- Sources
- Register of Arthur Gaeth papers
- In Progress
- Melissa Stephens
- 2010 September 20
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.