History of the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture
Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: UA 1067
Scope and Contents
One copy of Agronomy and Horticulture at BYU: a 100-year history, 1895-1985.
- Brigham Young University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from History of the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
The first classes of agronomy taught at Brigham Young Academy began in 1885. Even though no teacher is listed for the course, it is assumed that James E. Talmage was the professor, as he had recently returned from school in the east where he studied chemistry and agricultural chemistry. Starting in 2003, the department name was changed to Plant and Animal Sciences.
Found in university archives workroom.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Register of History of the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 September 7
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.