Arabic at Brigham Young University : an oral history
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA SC 46
Scope and Contents
Interviews by Jeffrey Foster with Kathleen Andrus, Hugh Nibley, Rey L. Baird, Daniel C. Peterson, Arnold Green, and Dilworth B. Parkinson on the history of the study of Arabic at Brigham Young University. Also includes a 22 page written report by Jeffrey Foster on the history of the study of Arabic at BYU.
- Foster, Jeffrey R. (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Arabic at Brigham Young University : an oral history must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Jeffrey Foster; 7/95; 379 W. 2325 N. Lehi, Utah.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Includes tape release forms, narrators data sheets, and interviewer questions.
Does not include transcripts
- Andrus, Kathleen C., 1944-2003
- Arabic language -- Study and teaching
- Baird, Rey L., 1931-1999
- Brigham Young University. Department of Asian and Near Eastern Languages
- Colleges and Universities
- Green, Arnold H.
- Nibley, Hugh, 1910-2005
- Oral histories
- Parkinson, Dilworth B.
- Peterson, Daniel C.
- Register of Arabic at Brigham Young University : an oral history
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.