Brigham Young University minutes
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 5
Scope and Contents
Holograph volumes of minutes from faculty, university council, and dean's council meetings of Brigham Young Academy and Brigham Young University. These items document issues regarding the administration of that institution. The location of volume number 3 covering the time frame March 1881-Nov. 1883 is unknown. It may have been destroyed in a fire in the Lewis Building.
- Brigham Young University (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 100 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Restriction Policy. Requests to access restricted materials in the University Archives should be submitted to the University Archivist.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Brigham Young University minutes must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Brigham Young Academy was founded in 1875. Its name was changed to Brigham Young University in 1903.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Brigham Young Academy -- Faculty -- History
- Brigham Young Academy -- Administration -- History
- Brigham Young University -- Administration -- History
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty -- History
- Colleges and Universities
- Minutes (Records)
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- Administration -- History
- Register of Brigham Young University minutes
- Rose Frank
- 2011 July 29
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.