Croxton's raid manuscript
Scope and Contents
Original typed manuscript, corrected page proofs, blueline proofs, and cover. The work describes the commanders and regiments who took part in a Union raid in Alabama in 1865 led by John Croxton.
- Miller, Rex, 1929- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Croxton's raid must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Professor at State University College in Buffalo, New York and descendant of Confederate soldiers.
4 folders (0.33 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated by the Old Army Press in 1980.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Old Army Press; 1980.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Biography -- 19th century
- Croxton, John Thomas, 1837-1874
- Histories (Literary works)
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories
- United States. Army -- History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Cavalry Division, 1st
- Register of Croxton's raid manuscript
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 August 24
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.