Essays, letter, and newsclipping
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of two typewritten essays, one in English and one in German by Björn Bauerfeind; one newspaper article by Andreas Baumann; and one letter by Christophe Dietsch addressed to Craig Foster dated April 8, 1991. Bauerfeind talks about the Mormons in East Germany, their difficulties under the old communist government, the demonstrations by East Germans in Leipzig for freedom in 1989, and the breakdown of the communist political system. Baumann's article talks about Bauerfeind's ambition to be a Mormon missionary in America for two years. Dietsch tells Foster about Bauerfeind and personal matters.
- Bauerfeind, Björn (creator, Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English and German.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Essays, letter, and newsclipping must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Björn Bauerfeind was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Leipzig, Germany.
1 folder (0.05 linear ft.)
Donated in the 1990s.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Baumann, Andreas
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Dietsch, Christophe
- Foster, Craig L.
- Leipzig (Germany) -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Oregon -- History
- Mormons -- Germany -- Leipzig -- History
- Mormons -- Persecutions -- Germany -- History
- Register of Essays, letter, and newsclipping
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 August 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.