Jennifer Reeder interview with Catherine Bowles
Scope and Contents
Oral history of Catherine Bowles, from an interview conducted by Jenny Reeder.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Catherine Bowles oral history must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Catherine Bowles was born on 16 June 1915 in Nephi, Utah. She studied at Brigham Young University, teaching school after her graduation. Between 1944 and 1945 Bowles served an LDS mission in the Eastern States Mission. After her return she taught at Maeser Elementary School in Provo, Utah. In the 1950s she served as president of the Utah Education Association. From 1959 to 1960 she served on the Sunday School General Board for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 1960 she began teaching children's literature at Brigham Young University, continuing until her retirement in 1980.
7 items (55 p.)(0.07 linear ft.) : (6 sound cassettes + 1 typescript)
Language of Materials
LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty--Interviews
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- City and Town Life
- Education -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Evangelistic work -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Home and Family
- Missionary stories -- Latter Day Saint authors
- Missions and Missionaries
- Nephi (Utah) -- History
- Oral histories
- Provo (Utah) -- History
- Social Life and Customs
- Sunday schools
- Register of Catherine Bowles oral history
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2011 June 8
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.