Alvaro Alma Pratt correspondence with Samuel Russell, Jr.
Scope and Contents
Contains five letters to Samuel Russell, Jr. from Alvaro Alma Pratt and one letter to Mrs. Samuel Russell from a James Goodwin. Dated 1902-1932.
- Pratt, Alvaro Alma, 1876-1932 (Person)
- Russell, Samuel, 1878-1954 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Alvaro Alma Pratt correspondence with Samuel Russell, Jr. must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Alvaro Alma Pratt (1876-1932) was an employee of the L.A. City & County Traffic Commission.
Alvaro A. Pratt, second child and eldest son of Alma Pratt and Rebecca Beebe, was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, on October 17, 1876. He married Laura Tharsing in approximately 1913 and fathered two children, Richard and Lark. Alvaro was on the L.A. City & County Traffic Commission, serving on the Executive Committee in 1922 and the board of Directors in 1924. He died in Burbank, Los Angeles, California on April 13, 1932.
Samuel Russell, Jr. (1878-1954) was a lawyer, legislative assistant, and amateur historian.
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Incoming correspondence to Samuel Russell, Jr., 1902-1932.
Purchased from Benchmark Books on March 24, 2009.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Benchmark Books; March 2009.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Located in Box 595.
Processed; Amanda Crandall, manuscripts specialist; June 2013.
- Lawyers -- United States -- Correspondence
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Pratt, Alvaro Alma, 1876-1932 -- Correspondence
- Public Works
- Russell, Samuel, 1878-1954 -- Correspondence
- Register of Alvaro Alma Pratt correspondence with Samuel Russell, Jr.
- Amanda Crandall, manuscripts specialist
- 2013 June 14
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States