John Evans diary and autobiography
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS SC 1951
Scope and Contents
Typescripts of diary and an autobiography. In his 1881 diary, Evans describes his activities as a Mormon missionary in Wales. In his personal history, he writes about his conversion to the Mormon faith in Great Britain, his migration to Utah, and his experiences in Brigham City, Utah.
- Evans, John, 1829- (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Evans diary and autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
John Evans (born 1829) was a Mormon pioneer, missionary, and a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir who settled in Brigham City, Utah.
5 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Brigham City (Utah) -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Great Britain
- Evans, John, 1829- -- Diaries
- Evans, John, 1829-
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Wales -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Wales -- History
- Mormons -- Great Britain -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Brigham City -- History
- Wales -- Description and travel
- Register for the John Evans diary and autobiography
- Jeffrey Mahas
- 2012 May 24
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.