James Buchanan amnesty proclamation
Scope and Contents
Printed proclamation dated 6 April 1858. The document offers free and full pardon to all participants in the "Utah Rebellion" who submit themselves to the authority of the federal government.
- 1858 April 6
- United States. President (1857-1861 : Buchanan) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Amnesty proclamation must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
American lawyer and fifteenth president of the United States.
1 item (3 pages)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Register of James Buchanan amnesty proclamation
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 November 30
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.