Joseph Smith letter
Scope and Contents
Photograph of a handwritten and signed letter, dated 17 June 1844, and addressed to John P. Greene. Smith writes about his concerns on the possibilities of mob actions near Nauvoo, Illinois.
- 1844 June 17
- Greene, John P. (John Portineus), 1793-1844 (recipient, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Smith letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
First president of the Mormon Church.
1 item : (1 p.).
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Register of Joseph Smith letter
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 September 16
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.