Henry W. Lawrence papers
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of letters, deeds, legal papers, and other materials collected by Lawrence through his business dealings. These include the estate papers of William W. Phelps, Heber C. Kimball, Julia Kimball, as well as miscellaneous legal papers relating to Henry W. Lawrence, and the legal papers relating to the property dispute case of William H. Folsom vs. Thomas Fitch (1881).
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Henry W. Lawrence papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Henry W. Lawrence (1835-1924) was an entrepreneur and merchant in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was a partner in the Kimball & Lawrence firm, a leader in the Liberal Party, and participated in the Godbeite movement.
1 box (1 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Purchased from Grandin Book Co. and Lyndon W. Cook.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Grandin Book Co. and Lyndon W. Cook; 2004.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Processed; Kaila Brown; 2007.
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce
- Businessmen -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Economics and Banking
- Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868
- Kimball, Julia, 1838-1907
- Lawrence, Henry W. (Henry William), 1835-1924 -- Archives
- Legal instruments
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Phelps, William Wines, 1792-1872
- Register of Henry W. Lawrence papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 May 13
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States