Biographies of Beesley family
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a letter to LeGrand Baker, an archivist at BYU, briefly discussing the ancestors of Mrs. Fifield, biographies of Frederick Beesley and his wife Elizabeth Ellen Solomon Beesley, and a short history of the Beesley Music Co.
Frederick Beesley was a musician who conducted the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, an accountant, a shoemaker, one of the founders (along with his father) of the Beesley Music Co., and the secretary/treasurer of the Salt Lake Philharmonic Orchestra. He also filled two missions for the Mormon Church to the Hawaiian Islands. He and Elizabeth were the parents of seven children.
- Fifield, Ruth Beesley (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Biographies of Beesly family must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 folder (0.1 linear ft.) : (11 p.)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Beasley family
- Beesley Music Company -- History
- Beesley, Elizabeth Ellen Solomon, 1864-1957
- Beesley, Frederick, 1864-1940
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir -- Biography
- Mormon missionaries -- Hawaii
- Mormons -- Utah -- Biography
- Salt Lake Philharmonic Orchestra -- Biography
- Register of Biographies of Beesley family
- Morgan Crockett
- 2010 July 21
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.