John Peter Johnson papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1957
Scope and Contents
Handwritten correspondence, diaries, notebooks, patriarchal blessings, certificates, an autobiography, and genealogical materials. The correspondence are between Johnson and his wife, Hana, and were written while Johnson was on a mission for the Mormon Church in Sweden. The diaries were kept while Johnson was on his mission and after his return to Ogden, Utah. The certificates deal with Johnson's numerous callings in the Mormon Church.
- Johnson, John Peter (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon from Denmark.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Paul Carroll; 1977.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Electronic books
- Grantsville (Utah) -- History
- Johnson, John Peter -- Diaries
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Sweden -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Ogden -- History
- Ogden (Utah) -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Spring City (Utah) -- History
- Register of John Peter Johnson papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 29
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.