Chicago University Branch collection of Sunday School speeches
Scope and Contents
24 talks presented to the University Branch Sunday School. Subjects of talks are direction and control of recreation by the Mormon church; Salvation for the dead and genealogy; teachers training; the Mormons and the printing industry; Mormon poetry; Mormon history; Need of temples in this dispensation; Education among the Mormons; Brief genealogical history of the LDS Church; Patriotism; LDS Literature; Missionary work; Customs of the south seas and the missionary work among the people; Mormon architecture; History and origin of the Primary Association; The Mormon mind; A brief history of the Sunday School organization; The Priesthood and its present-day organization; Origin of some of our LDS hymns; Financial leaders of the LDS church; Public speaking; Mormon colonization; Church ceremony; and History of Panguitch (Utah).
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Chicago University Branch (collector, Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Sunday school speeches must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- American literature -- Mormon authors
- Church music -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Doctrines
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Illinois -- History
- Mormon architecture
- Mormon authors
- Mormon temples
- Mormons -- Colonization
- Mormons -- Poetry
- Panguitch (Utah)
- Priesthood -- Mormon Church
- Primary Association (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Teachers -- Training of
- University of Chicago -- Students
- Register of Chicago University Branch collection of Sunday School speeches
- In Progress
- Rose Frank
- 20 April 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.