Christian J. Larsen diary and autobiography
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of a typescript of a diary and an autobiography. The diary covers the years from 1851 to 1857 and has many gaps. The autobiographical materials cover the rest of Larsen's life. Larsen was converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Denmark and performed missionary work in that country and in Norway. He moved to Utah in 1854 where he lived in Ogden, Ephraim, and Logan. He was married polygamously, participated in the Black Hawk War against the Ute Indians, and served as a patriarch for the LDS Church in Logan.
- Larsen, Christian J. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary and autobiography must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Mormon missionary, pioneer, and patriarch.
1 folder (0.2 linear ft.) : 217 p.
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Local Subjects 690 Mormons--Missionary experiences--Denmark--History--Sources Mormons--Missionary experiences--Norway--History--Sources
- Black Hawk War (Utah), 1865-1872
- Ephraim (Utah) -- History
- Larsen, Christian J.
- Logan (Utah) -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Denmark -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Norway -- History
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Mormons -- Denmark -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- History
- Ogden (Utah) -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Ute Indians -- History
- Register of Christian J. Larsen diary and autobiography
- Rose Frank
- 13 April 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States