Alma O. Taylor diaries
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 166
Scope and Contents
Handwritten diaries and two folders of correspondence and newspaper clippings. Taylor was called to serve on a mission to Japan for the Mormon Church in 1901. He presided over the Japan Mission from 1905 to 1910. A few diary entries were made between 1911 and 1946. Also included are correspondence relating to the mission and newspaper clippings about the work of translating the Book of Mormon into Japanese.
- Taylor, Alma O. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon missionary serving in Japan. He was born in 1882.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Book of Mormon. Japanese -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Electronic books
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Japan -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Japan -- History
- Mormons -- Japan -- History
- Taylor, Alma O. -- Diaries
- Register of Alma O. Taylor diaries
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 11
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.