Phillip Knight collection of Knight Investment Company records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 3772
Scope and Contents
Collection includes a variety of business records of the Knight Investment Company, including: articles of incorporation, state certificates, patents, abstracts, deeds, receipts, bonds, wills, certificates, affidavits, company reports, surveys, letters, oaths, shipment orders, pool agreements, proxy agreements, letters of administration, leases, blueprints, tax forms, and other legal documents. Items document the business of the company between 1883 and 1964.
- approximately 1883-1964
- Knight Investment Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Phillip Knight collection of Knight Investment Company records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Phillip S. Knight (1915- ) is the grandson of Jesse Knight, the founder of the Knight Investment Company.
9 cartons (9 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS3772.xml
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Phillip S. Knight.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Articles of incorporation
- Business enterprises -- Utah -- History
- Business records
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce
- Corporation reports
- Economics and Banking
- Knight Investment Company -- Archives
- Knight, Jesse, 1845-1921
- Land surveys
- Legal instruments
- Provo (Utah) -- History
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)
- Register of Phillip Knight collection of Knight Investment Company records
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 April 8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.