William Heath Davis papers
File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 4026
Scope and Contents
William Heath Davis papers, 1885-1905, includes notable items include correspondence with publishing companies regarding his book, Sixty Years in California, as well as manuscript fragments.
- Davis, William Heath, 1822-1909 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Heath Davis papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
William Heath Davis Jr. was an American author, born in 1822 in Honolulu, Hawaii. He was one of the early settlers of San Diego. He wrote two books about his life in California. Davis died in April 1909 in San Leandro, California.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
These items were donated to Special Collections in 2007.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donation; Fred Rosenstock; 2007.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
William Heath Davis papers, 1885-1905, includes two series: (1) Correspondence, 1885-1905, and (2) Miscellaneous Documents, 1887.
- Authors, American -- California -- Correspondence
- Authors, American -- Correspondence
- Bancroft, H. P.
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce
- Cressy, O. S.
- Davis, William Heath, 1822-1909
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Peter Paul Book Company
- Publishers and Publishing
- San Francisco (Calif.)
- Register of William Heath Davis papers
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 April 1
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.