John Taylor letters
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of typed copies of letters sent by John Taylor to his wives and to such LDS Church leaders as Brigham Young and Wilford Woodruff. The materials deal largely with family and Church matters. Also included are photocopies of handwritten notes on Taylor's various wives.
- Taylor, John, 1808-1887 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Third president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
33 items (68 p.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Material Types
- Mormon Church -- Presidents
- Mormons -- Correspondence
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History
- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877
- Register of John Taylor letters
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 30
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.