Henry Baxter letters and reports
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 894
Scope and Contents
Handwritten letters and reports. Forty-four of the items deal with Baxter's activities during the Civil War. Many of them were written by Baxter and by other participants. They deal with a wide range of military matters including the Battle of Gettysburg in 1863 and the Battle of the Wilderness in 1864. Also included is official and family correspondence kept while Baxter was in Honduras.
- Baxter, Henry, 1821-1873 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Brigadier general for the Union in the American Civil War and resident minister for the United States in Honduras from 1869 to 1873.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in repository.
Other Finding Aids
Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS894.xml
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Generals -- United States -- Correspondence
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863 -- History -- Sources
- Honduras -- Foreign relations -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Honduras -- History -- 1838-1933 -- Sources
- Material Types
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Honduras -- History -- Sources
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- Wilderness, Battle of the, Va., 1864 -- History -- Sources
- Register of Henry Baxter letters and reports
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 March 21
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.