S. Norman Lee papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 315
Scope and Contents
Correspondence with general authorities of the Mormon Church and family members, biographical sketches, patriarchal blessings, financial papers, photographs, speeches, essays, and articles by Lee and others. Many of the items relate to Lee's missionary activities in England and to his calling as a stake president.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Businessman in Brigham City, Utah, Mormon missionary, associate editor of the "Millennial Star" in England from 1909 to 1911, president of the Box Elder Stake of the Mormon Church from 1936 to 1943, and patriarch of that stake from 1945 to his death in 1963.
4 boxes (2 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid in repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS315.xml
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Existence and Location of Copies
Transcription of autobiography is available in Box 1, fd. 1.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--England--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Sweden--History
- Lee, S. Norman (Severin Norman), 1875-1963 -- Archives
- Material Types
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Apostles
- Mormon missionaries -- England -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Register of S. Norman Lee papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 18
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.