Robert Sherwood journals and papers
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 1655
Scope and Contents
Contains journals and account books. Most journal entries were written while Sherwood was a missionary for the Mormon Church in Great Britain. Also included are a copy of "Ready References," "A compolation of Scripture Tests;" letters from Sherwood to family members; some handwritten statements made by Sherwood; legal and religious documents, and papers dealing with the Mormon Church in Salt Lake City and with Sherward Park, a subdivision development in Salt Lake. Also included are biographical statements made by family members and miscellaneous newspaper clippings. The collection also includes photographs taken while Sherwood was in England on his mission (1898-1901) and portraits of Sherwood and his wife, Alice.
- Sherwood, Robert, 1858-1942 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Journals and papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Missionary for and local leader of the Mormon Church from Surrey, England who migrated to the U.S.A.
49 items (0.5 linear ft.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Edna Hewlett.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Great Britain -- Description and travel
- Immigration and American Expansion
- London (England) -- History -- Sources
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- England -- History
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Great Britain
- Mormon Church -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Great Britain -- History
- Mormons -- Great Britain -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Photographic prints
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- Economic conditions
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Sherwood, Robert, 1858-1942
- Souvenirs (Keepsakes)
- Register of Robert Sherwood journals and papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 16
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.