James Lovett Bunting diaries and Bunting family directory
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 1594
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of the handwritten Bunting diaries (MSS 738). The originals have been restricted and are unavailable for patron use. The diaries include accounts of missionary work in Great Britain for the Mormon faith and describe life in Kanab and St. George, Utah. The diaries cover the years from 1857 to 1920 but have several gaps. Also included is a Bunting family directory from the year 1968.
- Bunting, James Lovett, 1832-1923 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The originals have been restricted and are unavailable for patron use.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries and Bunting family directory must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon Church leader in St. George, Utah and missionary for that faith in Great Britain.
5 Linear Feet
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Bunting, James Lovett, 1832-1923
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Great Britain--History
- Kanab (Utah) -- History -- Sources
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Great Britain -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Saint George -- History
- Saint George (Utah) -- History
- Register of Diaries and Bunting family directory
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 15
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.