Eliza Clayton Margetts reminiscence
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a handwritten reminiscence. Margetts writes about her life in Carthage and Nauvoo, Illinois. She describes the events surrounding the murder of the first president of the Mormon Church, Joseph Smith. She also mentions events in Nauvoo, Illinois, when the Mormons were ejected from that town. She also witnessed the "miracle of the quales." The date of the composition of the item is uncertain.
- Margetts, Eliza Clayton (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Eliza Clayton Margetts reminiscence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
1 item (4 p.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Carthage (Ill.) -- History
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Latter Day Saint women -- Illinois -- Carthage -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Illinois -- Carthage -- History -- Sources
- Latter Day Saints -- Illinois -- Nauvoo -- History
- Margetts, Eliza Clayton
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Register of Eliza Clayton Margetts reminiscence
- Rose Frank
- 11 March 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.