William F. Butt papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1397
Scope and Contents
Diaries, 1887-1895; correspondence, 1883-1897; financial records, Lehi, Utah, Ward record book; patriarchal blessings; mission records; and biographies of family members. Also included are the diaries of Butt's wife, Laura Ellen Bushman Butt, 1896-1897. The materials document William Butt's life in Lehi, Utah, and his service as a missionary for the Mormon Church to the Northern States.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William F. Butt papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
William F. Butt (1857-1940) was a Mormon missionary, miner, and genealogist from Utah.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
Folder-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1397.xml
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Butt, Laura E. (Laura Ellen), 1865-1899 -- Diaries
- Butt, William F. (William Francis), 1857-1940
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Northeastern States--History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries -- Northeastern States -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Lehi -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church)
- Register of William F. Butt papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.