Albert B. Reagan papers
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, research notes, and reports. The materials document Reagan's research among the Native Americans of New Mexico, Arizona, Minnesota, Colorado, Washington, and Utah on many reservations. He studied various tribes of Native Americans including the Jemez Indians, Navajo Indians, Ojibwa Indians (Chippewa Indians), Quileute Indians, and Ute Indians. He did research on Indian ethnology, history, and mythology. Also included are various materials relating to the topography and geology of Utah and the American West.
- Reagan, Albert B., 1871-1936 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
American author and historian who did research on Native Americans in the American West. Reagan was a professor of anthropology at Brigham Young University.
9 boxes (4.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS250.xml
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty
- Geology -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources
- Indians of North America -- Folklore -- History -- Sources
- Indians of North America -- History
- Jemez Indians -- History -- Sources
- Navajo Indians -- History
- Ojibwa Indians -- History -- Sources
- Quileute Indians -- History -- Sources
- Reagan, Albert B., 1871-1936 -- Archives
- Ute Indians -- Utah -- History
- West (U.S.) -- Antiquities
- Register of Albert B. Reagan papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 1
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.