William Forman diary and biographies
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a microfilm copy of a typescript. Forman writes about his youth. He was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in 1851 and migrated to Utah in 1854. He lived in Salt Lake City, Utah Valley, and Heber City, Utah. He was fined for polygamy in 1891. Also included are three biographies of family members written by John Forman in 1932.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Forman diary and biographies must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Forman was a Utah pioneer.
1 v. (43 p.)
These materials were photocopied from the 920 microfilm collection, reel 17.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Heber City (Utah) -- History
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Latter Day Saint pioneers
- Latter Day Saints -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Scotland
- Mormons -- Utah
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Utah Valley (Utah) -- History
- Register of William Forman diary and biographies
- In Progress
- Rose Frank
- 25 February 2011
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.