James Stephens Brown diaries
Scope and Contents
Typescript of diaries. Brown writes about his life in Ogden, Utah, and in Arizona. He also tells about his activities in the Mormon Church including his missions for that faith to England and Tahiti.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from James Stephens Brown diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Utah pioneer and missionary for the Mormon Church.
2 v. (248 p.)
Donated by Sid Conklin in 1981.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Sid Conklin; 1981.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Brown, James S. (James Stephens), 1828-1902
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- French Polynesia -- Tahiti (Island) -- History
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Great Britain -- History
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Ogden (Utah) -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Register of James Stephens Brown diaries
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 December 3
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.