Arthur L. Tanner papers
Scope and Contents
Handwritten correspondence, certificates, receipts, Article of Faith cards, and miscellaneous items. Most of the letters (over 50 items) were written by Tanner to his girl friend, May McLoughlin, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Tanner writes to "Miss McLoughlin" about his missionary activities and about personal matters. They were later married.q
- Tanner, Arthur L. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Arthur L. Tanner papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon missionary serving in California.
2 inches (ca. 100 items)(0.07 linear ft.)
Donated by Cindy A. Forsyth in 1986.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Cindy A. Forsyth; 1986.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- California -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- California
- Mormon women -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- Correspondence
- Mormons -- California -- Correspondence
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)
- Tanner, Arthur L.
- Tanner, May McLoughlin
- Register of Arthur L. Tanner papers
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 November 15
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.