Sybern van Dyk diaries
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS SC 2555
Scope and Contents
Bound photocopies of handwritten diaries. The journals were kept while van Dyk served as a mission president in Holland in 1871-4 and 1880-2. He documents his activities while serving in that capacity.
- Dyk, Sybren Van, 1827-1899 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Sybern van Dyk diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Dutch convert to the Mormon Church in 1862 who migrated to Utah in 1869 and served as mission president for that church in Holland from 1871 to 1874 and from 1880 to 1882. He also translated Mormon missionary tracts into Dutch. He lived in Ogden and later in Loa, Utah.
2 v. (ca. 150 leaves)
Purchased from Michael Ginsbery in 1985.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Micheal Ginsbery; 1985.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Dutch Americans -- Utah -- History -- Sources
- Dyk, Sybren Van, 1827-1899 -- Diaries
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Netherlands
- Mormon missionaries -- Netherlands -- History
- Mormons -- Netherlands -- History -- Sources
- Netherlands -- Church history -- 19th century -- Sources
- Register of Sybern van Dyk diaries
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 November 8
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.