Brigham Young Perkins biography and journal
Scope and Contents
Handwritten biography and journal. The biography is about Brigham's father, Jesse Nelson Perkins (1819-1883). Jesse was a Mormon missionary and pioneer who was active in civic and in Mormon Church affairs. He first settled in Davis County, Utah and later moved to Taylor, Arizona in 1877 with Brigham. Brigham's journal tells about his life in Taylor, Arizona.
- Perkins, Brigham Young, 1850-1937 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Brigham Young Perkins biography and journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer, missionary, and farmer who settled in Taylor, Arizona.
2 items (110 leaves)(0.07 linear ft.)
Donated by Melvin Wakefield in 1982.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Melvin Wakefield; 1982.
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Davis County (Utah) -- History
- Home and Family
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Mormon pioneers -- Biography
- Mormons -- Arizona -- Taylor -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Utah -- Davis County -- Biography
- Perkins, Jesse Nelson, 1819-1883
- Social Life and Customs
- Taylor (Ariz.) -- History -- Sources
- Register of Brigham Young Perkins biography and journal
- In Progress
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 September 17
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.