Alva Christopher Merkley diary and notes
Scope and Contents
Handwritten diary and notes. The diary covers the years from 1902 to 1904 while Merkley served as a missionary for the Mormon Church in the Samoan Islands. Some of the notes are in Samoan.
- Merkley, Alva Christopher (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Alva Christopher Merkley diary and notes must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Alva Christopher Merkley (1880-1918) was a Mormon missionary who spent much of his life in Orderville, Utah.
2 v. (200 pages)
Donated by Bonnie Spellman in 1980.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Bonnie Spellman; 1980.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Samoan Islands
- Merkley, Alva Christopher -- Diaries
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Samoan Islands -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Samoan Islands
- Mormons -- Samoan Islands -- History
- Samoan Islands -- History
- Register of Alva Christopher Merkley diary and notes
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 September 15
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.