Milo Andrus journals
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of typewritten journals and genealogy of Milo Andrus who was a missionary for the mormon Church in the 19th century. A photocopy of a typed transcript of a letter addressed to Brigham Young by Andrus (1854) in which he gives an account of the Mormons in St. Louis, Missouri. Also included is a photocopy of a biography of Milo Andrus by Gary L. Pickell (1979). Andrus' diaries tell of experiences while a missionary in England during 1849, of crossing the plains from Nebraska Territory to Utah in 1861, and of the hardships he and other Mormons endured connected with travel at that time.
- Andrus, Milo, 1814-1893 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Milo Andrus journals must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon pioneer who came to Utah in 1861.
1 folder (0.03 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated by Hyrum Andrus in 1979.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Hyrum Andrus; 1979.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
Photographs of Andrus' homes in photo archives.
- Andrus, Milo, 1814-1893 -- Diaries
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- England -- History
- Latter Day Saint missionaries
- Latter Day Saints -- Missouri -- Saint Louis -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Nebraska -- History
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Register of Milo Andrus journals
- Patsy Shin Hernandez
- 2010 August 17
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.