Scope and Contents
Two anonymous, photocopied articles relating to Mormon polygamy. One is typewritten and outlines the author's belief that the Mormon Church was in error when it discontinued plural marriage. Five leaves of the document (pages 8-15) are missing. The other item is a holograph manuscript which tells about the issuing of the "Manifesto" in 1890 which formally ended polygamy among the Mormons.
- Publication: 1975
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Polygamy article must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 items (15 leaves)(0.07 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donated in 1977.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Official declaration (1890)
- Latter Day Saint churches -- History -- 19th century
- Material Types
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History
- Register of Polygamy article
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 July 28
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.